The Gallagher and SALTO integration offers cost-effective, electronic access control through data on card and wireless access control.
As the ideal replacement to keyed doors, SALTO readers particularly suit:
- lower security doors where the cost of a fully wired and monitored door is unjustified
- doors of heritage-listed buildings
- doors in locations isolated from a network connection
- doors that do not require real-time monitoring
- doors that generally do not require access mode changes.
System brand: SALTO
Integration name: Data on Card and Wirefree Access Control
SALTO space software version: v126.96.36.199
Interface developed by: Gallagher
Gallagher software versions interfaced to: v5.21 through to current version
Available and supported: Worldwide
Industry applications: All
Features and benefits
SALTO readers are effective and easy to install, requiring no power supply or wiring at the door and no controllers for offline readers - resulting in real cost savings.
Operational savings are also significant because SALTO:
- eliminates the need for keys and key management
- removes double data entry and dual system management on site
- re-uses existing MIFARE Classic Smart Cards to provide access to Gallagher and SALTO readers
- features one-pass encoding of Gallagher and SALTO data on MIFARE Classic Smart Cards directly from Gallagher Command Centre
- eliminates the need for operator training and use of two systems
- monitors battery low alarms from SALTO readers and manages on-site activity reports from within Command Centre
- saves up to 65% of a rooms electricity consumption when the SALTO in-room Energy Saving Device (ESD) is installed
- Gallagher Mobile Connect app can also be used on SALTO BLE readers, removing the need for SALTO card users to visit a SALTO update point for their card to receive updates.